Moms of Fredericksburg Community
The Greater Fredericksburg area offers so many opportunities for your family to become a part of the local community. Getting involved is the best way to make friends, find support, and bond with other mothers in Fredericksburg.
Whether you are planning your move to Fredericksburg or already consider yourself a local, you will find that our city offers:
- Neighborhoods with families who welcome new arrivals.
- Neighborhoods where people actually take the time to get to know their members.
- Community events and celebrations that are appropriate for all members of your family.
- Community events that are reflective of the diversity of family types and multicultural aspects of the area.
- Grocery stores, public libraries, swimming pools, parks, playgrounds, meeting places, and community halls are all within easy access to most city neighborhoods.
- A sense of pride and community spirit.
Circle of Parents
Cleaningforareason.org – Free housecleaning for Moms undergoing chemotherapy. *read company site for further details AND spread the word!
Cookies for Kids Cancer – a way to help raise funds and support pediatric cancer research in our country!
Fat Thumbs An artist and philanthropist making chemo beanies with style!
Fredericksburg Good Will
Homes for Our Troops
Connect with local moms for;
Down Syndrome Association of Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg Area Mothers of Multiples
Healing Through Support
La Leche League of Fredericksburg
Mocha Moms – Fredericksburg
Mothers and Babies Postpartum Support Group
Postpartum Depression Support Virginia
The Arc of Rappahannock-
Provides advocacy and support for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout the Greater Fredericksburg area
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
Fredericksburg Parents and Kids have unlimited educational opportunities because of our proximity to Washington, D.C., the heart of our Nation’s government.
Census for Kids – A great resource to help your children learn facts about the State of Virginia.
U.S. Department of State for Youth – The Department of State is headquartered close by in our Nation’s Capital, Washington D.C. This site will help educate the entire family on the United States of America’s diplomatic history.
The World Fact Book This website is as close as you are going to get to our Nation’s most famous intelligence agency, even though it’s less than an hour.
Kids in the House – Learn more about how our Nation’s laws are made, this site offers a great introduction that can be followed up by an educational day trip.